-->

The Jetsons - Rosie, the Robot - Reported Speech









This creative activity was provided by a reader, Graziela Pinheiro. She's from São Paulo and has been a private teacher for about 10 years now.


Thanks, Graziela, for the contribution. We can't wait for more..



Can you complete these sentences?
'I don’t want pizza'.
She said _____________________________________

‘I hate it’, he told me.
He told me he _________________________________

‘Remember me? We met at last year’s party’, Mary asked John.

Mary asked ____________________________________________

Don't Forget:

1.      Pronouns
2.      Backshifting
3.      Reporting verbs – say, tell, ask are most used; try different verbs and adverbs to represent the mood of the speaker. Eg: quietly agreed, happily told, angrily shouted, confidently declared, categorically denied.


Complete the gaps using the correct form of the verbs below.
Watch the video and check your answers (1.10):
rest
think
swim
mean
say